PEOPLE OF EDMONTON PLEASE UNITE AND JOIN US TO PREVENT KHADR FROM BEING BROUGHT BACK TO CANADA – AND VERY LIKELY TO EDMONTON.
Our goal is two-fold:
1) To convince this federal government not to follow through with a promise by a previous federal Minister, Lawrence Canon, no longer a Minister of the Crown, to repatriate Khadr to Canada or,
2) If he is repatriated, to insist that he is charged, upon his return, with treason.
Why? Just ten, of many more, reasons why Khadr should NOT be returned to Canada.
1) Khadr is a traitor: he operated and fought as a member of the Taliban and Al Queda in Afghanistan with the full intent of killing Canadian and allied soldiers.
2) Khadr is a traitor by every definition of the word and our laws require that he be held accountable for his crime:
Treason as defined by Canada’s Criminal Code:
(c) assists an enemy at war with Canada, or any armed forces against whom Canadian Forces are engaged in hostilities, whether or not a state of war exists between Canada and the country whose forces they are:
3) Khadr remains committed to a Jihadi agenda. He has never stated otherwise.
4) Khadr has never renounced his crimes, asked forgiveness of his victims and their families and loved ones, nor publicly committed himself to a future life free of terrorist activity.
5) Khadr has nothing to offer Canada. He will continue to be a huge economic drain on this country. It was a mistake for us to have allowed his family to immigrate in the first place, as they have defiled our country and our culture in so many ways. But now that they are here we can do little to change this fact. We need not compound this mistake by bringing Omar back to Canada to add expense, insult and injury to our citizenry and taxpayers.
6) Khadr’s taxpayer sponsored lawyers are likely to sue the Canadian taxpayers as others accused of similar crimes have done. We know our courts are sympathetic to Khadr, going beyond the law to support and protect him. There is simply no reason to believe that our civil court jurists will not award him a big multi-million dollar judgement. Even if they do not Canadian taxpayers will be on the hook for millions in legal fees to pay for both his lawyers and those representing the Canadian government.
7) Khadr represents a threat to our community. His local penpal, Arlett Zinck, and his now-fired lawyers, Edney and ( ), may be very fond of him and think his just a “good boy” trying to learn and study but they had no right to invite him into our community without first finding out if the citizens of this city wanted him here. It is our sons and daughters and families whose security is at risk. It was arrogant and self-serving of them to do so simply to bolster their criminal defense to even suggest he live here. And, we ask, will they vouch for and guarantee the safety of our citizens when he is here, free and out from under their loving wing? NO – the rest of us will have to deal with his presence then.
8) Khadr’s presence in our community would be a particularly grievous insult. Edmonton is home to hundreds of soldiers who have fought, many who have died and been injured, in Afghanistan, the very place where Khadr spent time building bombs and incendiary devices intended to kill and injure them and their comrades. Many of these soldiers are struggling daily to repair their physical, mental and emotional injuries after their tours in Afghanistan. Surely having Khadr walking free in their presence AND ATTENDING KING’S COLLEGE AT THEIR EXPENSE would be a vile insult to these brave and loyal soldiers.
IN CONCLUSION WE ASK: WHY WOULD WE WANT THIS MAN BACK IN THIS COUNTRY? THERE IS NOT ONE GOOD REASON FOR US TO BRING HIM HERE.
THIS RALLY WILL LET THE GOVERNMENT KNOW THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE IN EDMONTON WHO DO NOT WANT HIM BACK AND WHO WILL CONTINUE TO LOBBY AGAINST A GOVERNMENT WHO ACTS TO BRING HIM HERE AND FURTHER PROTECT HIM IF HE IS BROUGHT BACK.